Provisional Agenda for CONSALD at Atlanta, Emory University
Woodruff Library, Room 314
Thursday 3 April 2008, 1-5 p.m.
Other events || Transportation || Food at Emory
Consald Meeting Agenda, 1 - 5 pm
2) Review of last meeting’s minutes
3) Report of the Chair and Treasurer
4) Executive Committee Election: Liladhar Pendse (UCLA) and Jeff Martin (Michigan) have volunteered to stand.
5) Website Renewamodeling (Phil)
6) AAMES (Asian,African, and Middle Eastern area studies section of ACRL, Rajwant Chilana)
7) DSAL update (Jerry Hall
and Jim Nye)
8) CRL ebooks (Judy Alspach)
9) Cooperative collection development (Mary and Bronwen)
10) LCCAP Update (Carol, Laila)
7 pm CONSALD dinner at the Haveli Restaurant (see below)
Other events and information
Thursday 3 April 2008. 9 am - 12:30 pm The first meeting of the Tibetan Resources Working Group will be taking place in the same room.
Thursday 3 April 2008. ca 7 p.m CONSALD dinner at the Haveli Restaurant, 225 Spring St NW Atlanta, GA 30303. (404) 522-4545. It’s about 3 blocks from the conference hotel downtown, the Hyatt Regency Atlanta. Here’s a Google Map with directions. Cost quoted today on the assumption we will be about 25 people is $20 per person plus tax and tip and drinks. Dinner will be served as a mixed veg/non-veg buffet. Reviews on this restaurant are mixed but the location offers the greatest convenience for the most people.
Friday, April 4, 7-9 pm The SAMP meeting is scheduled to take place in the
University Room in the Hyatt Regency hotel.
Coming from the airport...
A. Take any train northbound to the Lindbergh MARTA station, and take the #6-Emory bus to the Emory campus. Ask the bus driver to let you off in
Emory Village near the Emory main entrance. For a bus schedule, access the MARTA homepage: http://itsmarta.com/.
B. OR Take any northbound train to Five Points station and transfer there to the Indian Creek eastbound train, get off at Decatur and take the free Emory
shuttle to campus. Disembark at TEC A (The Emory Clinic A) on Clifton Road, then cross Clifton Road and walk 1 block through the Emory Hospital dock area to the Woodruff library (See the Google map link below).
C. OR Taxi : A cab ride from the airport to campus will cost from $30 to $40 and will take approximately 25 minutes with normal traffic. Allow at least an hour's travel time during weekday rush hours, 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
Coming from the Hyatt Regency
A. MARTA: Take the southbound train at the Peachtree Center Station stop and go one stop south to the Five Points transfer station and transfer there to
the Indian Creek eastbound train (not the MLK eastbound train), get off at Decatur and take the free Emory shuttle to campus. Disembark at TEC A (The Emory Clinic A) on Clifton Road, then cross Clifton Road and walk 1 block through the Emory Hospital dock area to the Woodruff library (See the Google map link below).
B. By car or taxi, the distance is about 4 miles. Taxis charge $ 2.50 for the first 1/8 mile and $ 0.25 for ea. additional 1/8 mile.
Emory shuttle schedule:
Emory shuttle map:
Official Emory map:
Google Map: for Woodruff Library at Emory University
Back to the top
Food at Emory
1. There is a cafe inside Woodruff Library itself called Jazzman’s:
2. There is a good cheap cafeteria with a much wider selection in the Hospital at the entrance across from the library:
3. There is an even larger selection at the food court about half a block further down Asbury Circle from the hospital (See Google map):
4. There are a handful of restaurants, including a breakfast place (Rise N Dine), in Emory Village, about 3 blocks from the library just in front of the campus entrance on North Decatur Road. See Google
Above information supplied by Tim Bryson, Ph.D.
Librarian for Religious and South Asian Studies
Back to the top
Last Update of this Web page
Friday 28 March 2008
Monday, 03 August 2009
Philip McEldowney, University of Virginia